How to make
- 1 pkg (900 mL)PC®Blue Menu®Beef Broth
- 1/4 cup (50 mL)All-purpose flour
- 2 tsp (10 mL)Tomato paste
- 2 tsp (10 mL)Balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL)Fine sea salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL)Freshly ground black pepper
How to make
- Step 1If drippings are hot, pour into a fat separating measuring cup; pour drippings back into roasting pan, leaving fat behind. Reserve 3 tbsp (45 mL) of the beef fat; discard remaining fat. (If drippings are cold, the fat will be congealed and you can easily spoon it from the top of drippings.) Set fat aside.
- Step 2Add beef broth to roasting pan. Bring to a boil, scraping bottom of pan to get up any browned bits from bottom of roasting pan. Reduce heat to medium-high; cook for 5 to 7 minutes. Pour into a bowl.
- Step 3In same roasting pan, heat reserved beef fat over medium heat. Sprinkle flour over fat; stir with wooden spoon to make a smooth paste. Cook for 1 minute, stirring. One ladleful at a time, add beef stock to roasting pan, whisking well after each addition until smooth. Whisk in tomato paste, vinegar, salt and pepper. Reduce heat to simmer; cook for 5 minutes. Serve with roast beef.