How to make
- 2 tbsp (25 mL)Olive oil
- 450 gPC®Free From®Lean Ground Beef
- 3PC® Free From®Bangers Pork Sausages (about 300 g total)
- 3Stalks celery, finely chopped
- 2Onions, finely chopped
- 1Jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1Sweet red pepper, finely chopped
- 3Cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp (15 mL)Ground cumin
- 2 tsp (10 mL)Ground coriander
- 1 tsp (5 mL)Dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL)Cinnamon
- 2 cans (540 mL each)PC®Organics Bean Medley
- 1 pkg (900 mL)PC® Blue Menu®Beef Broth
- 1 can (796 mL)Whole tomatoes, with juices
- 10PC®85% Cocoa Solids Extra Dark Chocolate (about 40 g total), squares
- 5 ml (1 c. à thé)Each salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp (25 mL)Chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tbsp (15 mL)Fresh lime juice
How to make
- Step 1Heat 1 tbsp oil in large saucepan or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add beef and sausages; cook, stirring and breaking up into small pieces with spoon, until browned, 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer with slotted spoon to large bowl. Drain fat from pan; discard.
- Step 2Heat remaining 1 tbsp oil in same saucepan over medium heat. Add celery, onions, jalapeño and red pepper; cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, 8 to 10 minutes. Add garlic, cumin, coriander, oregano and cinnamon; cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Step 3Stir in beans, broth, tomatoes with juices and beef mixture; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer; cook, stirring frequently and breaking up tomatoes with spoon, until slightly thickened, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Step 4Stir in chocolate, salt and pepper; cook, stirring occasionally, until chocolate is melted, about 2 minutes. Stir in cilantro and lime juice.