How to make
- 2 tbsp (25 mL)PC®100% Pure Safflower Oil
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 1Clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp (15 mL)Medium curry powder
- 2 cups (500 mL)PC®Indian Basmati Rice
- 2-1/2 cups (625 mL)PC®Organics Chicken Broth - Ready to Use
- 1 can (19 oz/ 540 mL)Petite cut tomatoes, drained
- 1 cup (250 mL)No Name®dried apricots slivered
- 1/2 cup (125 mL)No Name®slivered almonds
- 1Lemon, very thinly sliced and seeds removed
- 2 cups (500 mL) Shredded rotisserie chicken meat, skin removed (mixture of dark and white meat, about half a rotisserie chicken)
How to make
- Step 1In large deep frying pan, heat oil over medium heat. Cook onions and garlic for 2 minutes,stirring occasionally. Stir in curry powder; cook for 1 minute. Stir in rice; cook for 1 minute, stirring to coat rice.
- Step 2Stir in chicken broth, tomatoes, apricots and half of almonds. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Top with lemon slices, pushing them down so they are covered with liquid. Cover and cook for 20 minutes or until most of liquid has been absorbed.
- Step 3Stir in chicken, incorporating lemon slices into dish. Serve sprinkled with remaining almonds.