How to make
- 1Small butternut squash (about 1 kg), peeled, trimmed, halved lengthwise and seeded (see Chef’s Tip, below)
- 3 cups (750 mL)PC®Blue Menu®Frozen Chick Peas
- Half pkg (250 g pkg)PC®Halloom Semi-Soft Unripened Cheese
- 2 tbsp (25 mL)Olive oil
- 1Onion, finely chopped
- 4Cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp (15 mL)PC®Black Label Za’atar Spice Blend
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL)Each salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup (50 mL)Pomegranate seeds
- 1/4 cup (50 mL)Torn fresh mint
- 1/2 cup (125 mL)PC®Plain 1% M.F. Yogurt
- 2 tbsp (25 mL)Chopped fresh mint
- 4 tsp (20 mL)Tahini
- 1 tbsp (15 mL)Fresh lemon juice
How to make
- Step 1Place squash halves, cut sides down, in 8-inch (2 L) square glass baking dish; add enough water to come 1/4 inch (5 mm) up side. Cover with plastic wrap. Microwave until fork-tender but not falling apart, 9 to 10 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes. Transfer to cutting board; cut into large chunks (about 3-inch/8 cm long x 2-inch/5 cm wide x 1-inch/2.5 cm thick). Set aside.
- Step 2Meanwhile, bring large saucepan of water to a boil. Add frozen chickpeas; bring to a simmer. Cook until tender, 8 to 9 minutes. Drain; pat dry. Set aside.
- Step 3Prepare sauce: Stir together yogurt, mint, tahini and lemon juice in small bowl. Set aside.
- Step 4Place halloom in cold large nonstick skillet; heat on medium. Cook, turning once, until golden, 4 to 6 minutes. Transfer to cutting board; cut into quarters. Set aside.
- Step 5Heat 1 tbsp oil in same skillet over medium-high heat. Add chickpeas; cook, stirring often, until crispy and golden, about 5 minutes. Reduce heat to medium; add onion. Cook, stirring often, until softened, 3 to 4 minutes. Add garlic, za'atar and 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper; cook, stirring often, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Scrape into large bowl. Set aside.
- Step 6Heat remaining 1 tbsp oil in same skillet over medium-high heat. Add squash and sprinkle with remaining 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper; cook, turning occasionally, until golden brown, 5 to 7 minutes. Add chickpea mixture; stir gently to combine and heat through. Transfer to large serving platter. Top with halloom; drizzle with sauce. Sprinkle with pomegranate seeds and mint.