How to make
- 2 cups (500 mL)all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp (10 mL)baking powder
- 1-1/4 tsp (6 mL)PC® Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 tsp (5 mL)each baking soda and salt
- 1large egg
- 1 cup (250 mL)granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup (188 mL)canned or fresh pumpkin pureé (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 3/4 cup (188 mL)plain yogurt
- 1/3 cup (83 mL)butter, melted
- 2 tsp (10 mL)coarse sugar or granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 mL)spreadable cream cheese
- 4 tsp (20 mL)pure maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL)PC® Pumpkin Pie Spice
How to make
- Step 1Muffins:
- Step 2Whisk together flour, baking powder, 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice, baking soda and salt in large bowl. Set aside.
- Step 3Whisk together egg, 1 cup granulated sugar, pumpkin pureé, yogurt and melted butter in separate bowl until smooth. Add to flour mixture; stir with wooden spoon or rubber spatula just until no white streaks remain. Do not overmix.
- Step 4Divide among wells of prepared muffin tin. Stir 2 tsp coarse sugar with remaining 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice in small bowl; sprinkle over muffins.
- Try this: These muffins are incredibly versatile – try using mashed banana or unsweetened applesauce in place of the pumpkin pureé, or sour cream instead of yogurt.