How to make
- 6Medium red beets, scrubbed and stems removed
- 3 tbsp (45 mL)PC®Black Label Lambrusco Grape Condiment
- 1 tsp (5 mL)Kosher salt
- 1-1/4 cups (300 mL)PC®Small Sweet Peas – Frozen
- 3 tbsp (45 mL)PC®Black Label 100% Pure Roasted Hazelnut Oil
- 3 tbsp (45 mL)Packed fresh mint
- 1Green onion, chopped
- 1Small clove garlic, minced
- 1 tub (250 g)PC®Black Label Crema Di Burrata Soft Unripened Cheese
How to make
- Step 1Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Step 2Wrap beets in foil; place in medium roasting pan. Roast in centre of oven until tender when pierced, about 60 minutes. Let cool completely then rub skins off using paper towel. Trim ends; cut into wedges and place in bowl. Stir in condiment and 1/2 tsp (2 mL) of the salt; cover and refrigerate.
- Step 3Cook frozen peas in small saucepan of boiling water until tender, 3 to 5 minutes. Drain; transfer peas to bowl of food processor. Add oil, mint, onion, garlic and remaining 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt. Pulse until coarse mixture forms. Scrape down sides; add half of burrata. Pulse until almost combined with white streaks throughout mixture.
- Step 4Divide pea purée among six plates, placing at centre of each. Top each with a spoonful of remaining burrata. Arrange beets over top; drizzle with beet liquid and garnish with additional mint leaves if desired.