How to make
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) + 1/3 cup (83 mL)PC® Black Label Gold Barbecue Sauce, divided
- 1/3 cup (83 mL)mayonnaise
- 6jumbo pork wieners
- 6hot dog buns
- ketchup, for topping (optional)
- 1/4 cup (60 mL)thinly sliced red onion
- potato chips, for topping (optional)
- PC® Crispy Jalapeños or PC® Crispy Onions, for topping (optional)
How to make
- Step 1Preheat barbecue to medium-high. Oil grill.
- Step 2Stir 2 tbsp (30 mL) barbecue sauce with the mayonnaise in small bowl. Set aside.
- Step 3Insert 12-inch (30 cm) wooden skewer lengthwise all the way through 1 wiener. (If skewer sticks out the side of the wiener, remove skewer and try again.) Holding skewer handle, place wiener on cutting board. Using paring knife, cut into wiener at a slight angle until you hit the skewer; turn wiener and continue cutting and turning until you reach the other end (try to space out the cuts by about 1/2-inch/1 cm). Carefully remove skewer and transfer wiener to plate. Repeat with remaining wieners.
- Try this: Think classic hot dog toppings when it comes to picking your potato chips – dill pickle, ketchup and jalapeño-flavoured chips are fun choices!