How to make
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) + 1/3 cup (83 mL)PC® Black Label Gold Barbecue Sauce, divided
- 1/3 cup (83 mL)mayonnaise
- 6jumbo pork wieners
- 6hot dog buns
- ketchup, for topping (optional)
- 1/4 cup (60 mL)thinly sliced red onion
- potato chips, for topping (optional)
- PC® Crispy Jalapeños or PC® Crispy Onions, for topping (optional)
How to make
- Step 1Preheat barbecue to medium-high. Oil grill.
- Step 2Stir 2 tbsp (30 mL) barbecue sauce with the mayonnaise in small bowl. Set aside.
- Step 3Insert 12-inch (30 cm) wooden skewer lengthwise all the way through 1 wiener. (If skewer sticks out the side of the wiener, remove skewer and try again.) Holding skewer handle, place wiener on cutting board. Using paring knife, cut into wiener at a slight angle until you hit the skewer; turn wiener and continue cutting and turning until you reach the other end (try to space out the cuts by about 1/2-inch/1 cm). Carefully remove skewer and transfer wiener to plate. Repeat with remaining wieners.
- Step 4Brush wieners all over with remaining 1/3 cup (83 mL) barbecue sauce; make sure you get sauce in between spiral cuts. Grill, turning often, until charred, crispy and cooked through, 6 to 8 minutes. Grill buns, turning once, until golden, about 2 minutes.
- Step 5Squeeze ketchup into buns (if using). Divide wieners among buns and top with mayonnaise mixture and red onion, dividing evenly. If using, sprinkle with potato chips and crispy jalapeños or onions.
- Try this: Think classic hot dog toppings when it comes to picking your potato chips – dill pickle, ketchup and jalapeño-flavoured chips are fun choices!