How to make
- 1PC®Free From Air-Chilled Whole Chicken
- 1 cup (250 mL)PC®Souvlaki Marinade
How to make
- Step 1Place chicken on cutting board, breast side down. Cut along both sides of back bone using poultry shears or heavy-duty kitchen scissors and remove. Cut away any excess fat from cavity. Turn chicken breast side up. Push down firmly on breast bone to flatten out bird. Place in large zippered plastic bag with 2/3 cup (150 mL) of the marinade. Seal bag. Massage marinade all over chicken. Refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours.
- Step 2Preheat greased grill to medium-high heat.
- Step 3Remove chicken from bag, allowing excess marinade to drip off. Place chicken on grill skin side down, close lid and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until skin is heavily grill marked. Turn chicken skin side up. Close lid, reduce heat to medium and cook for 15 minutes. Brush with remaining 1/3 cup (75 mL) marinade. Cook another 10 to 15 minutes or until cooked through and thermometer inserted at thickest part of thigh reads 165°F (74°C).
- Step 4Transfer to cutting board. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Serve with mixed green salad, if desired.