How to make
- 1-1/4 cups (310 mL)all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL)each baking soda and salt
- 3/4 cup (188 mL)PC® Plant Based Butter Alternative, Unsalted, softened, or smooth natural almond butter
- 1/4 cup (60 mL)each PC® Organics Sugar from Crystallized Organic Cane Syrup and packed organic dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 mL)unsweetened plant-based milk (such as oat milk, almond milk or soy milk)
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 mL)pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) + 2 tbsp (30 mL) PC® Plant Based Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips, divided
How to make
- Step 1Preheat oven to 350ºF (180ºC). Mist 8-inch (2 L) square metal cake pan with cooking spray and line with parchment paper, leaving 1-inch (2.5 cm) overhang on 2 opposite sides.
- Step 2Whisk together flour, baking soda and salt in bowl. Set aside.
- Step 3Beat together butter alternative, sugar and brown sugar in separate large bowl using electric hand mixer on medium speed until combined, 1 to 2 minutes. Beat in milk and vanilla (mixture will look curdled.) Stir in flour mixture with wooden spoon just until no white streaks remain. Stir in 1/2 cup (125 mL) chocolate chips.
- Step 4Transfer batter to prepared cake pan, smoothing top. Sprinkle with remaining 2 tbsp (30 mL) chocolate chips.
- Step 5Bake until light golden and set and toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean, 22 to 24 minutes. Let cool 15 minutes, then chill in refrigerator 15 minutes. Using parchment, lift blondies out onto cutting board. Cut into 16 squares.
- Tip: Refrigerating the blondies before slicing helps you get a cleaner slice. It also helps to wipe your knife with a damp cloth between slices. Refrigerate bars in an airtight container for up to 4 days, and bring to room temperature before serving.