How to make
- 1 pkg (142 g)PC®Tuna Tataki Sustainably Sourced Seared Wild Albacore Tuna
- 1-1/2 cups (375 mL)PC®Sticky Rice
- 1/4 cup (50 mL)PC®Seasoned Rice Vinegar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL)Granulated sugar
- 3/4 tsp (4 mL)Salt
- 4Nori sheets
- 4 leavesBoston lettuce, halved
- 1Sweet red pepper, cut into matchsticks
- 1Avocado, peeled, pitted and thinly sliced
- QuarterEnglish cucumber, cut into matchsticks
- 1/4 cup (50 mL)PC®Sriracha Mayo Sandwich Spread
How to make
- Step 1Toss tuna with contents of sauce packet in small bowl. Cover and refrigerate until needed.
- Step 2Bring rice and 2 cups water to a boil in saucepan. Stir, cover and reduce heat to low. Cook until all water is absorbed, about 12 minutes. Remove from heat; let stand 5 minutes.
- Step 3Meanwhile, heat vinegar, sugar and salt in small saucepan over medium heat until sugar dissolves, 3 to 4 minutes. (Alternatively, microwave in small heatproof bowl 25 to 35 seconds.) Let cool; stir into rice. Let rice mixture cool completely.
- Step 4Arrange 1 nori sheet, shiny side down, on bamboo sushi rolling mat. With moistened hands, spread about 1 cup rice mixture evenly over surface of nori, leaving 1-inch (2.5 cm) border uncovered at top edge of sheet. Arrange 2 pieces lettuce in horizontal line along centre of rice mixture; top with one-quarter each of the tuna mixture, red pepper, avocado and cucumber. Top with 1 tbsp mayo.
- Step 5Lifting with bottom edge of sushi mat, tightly roll up nori to make cylinder, applying pressure as you roll to make even thickness throughout. Wrap in parchment paper or plastic wrap, twisting ends to seal. Repeat with remaining nori, rice mixture, lettuce, tuna mixture, red pepper, avocado, cucumber and mayo.