How to make
- 1-1/2 lb (680 g)boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch (2.5 cm) chunks
- Pinch (0.5 mL)each salt and black pepper
- 1/2 cup (125 mL)cornstarch
- 5 tbsp (75 mL)vegetable oil
- 2cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp (15 mL)minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1 cup (250 mL)PC® Tomato Ketchup
- 1 tbsp (15 mL)sambal oelek chili paste
- 2green onions, thinly sliced
How to make
- Step 1Toss chicken with salt and pepper in large bowl. Add cornstarch; toss to coat.
- Step 2Heat 2 tbsp oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Shaking off excess cornstarch into bowl, add half of chicken to skillet (do not crowd). Cook, turning occasionally, until browned and no longer pink inside, 6 to 8 minutes. Transfer to plate. Wipe out skillet. Repeat with 2 tbsp oil and remaining chicken. Add chicken to plate.
- Step 3Wipe out skillet. Heat remaining 1 tbsp oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and ginger; cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Stir in ketchup and chili paste. Cook, stirring occasionally, until thickened and darkened, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Step 4Add chicken; cook, stirring to coat, 1 to 2 minutes. Sprinkle with green onions.
- Try this: Serving little ones? Omit the sambal oelek or just add a dash for flavour.