How to make
- 1Large skinless bone-in chicken breast, about 410 g
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) PC Canola Oil
- Half Large white onion, diced
- 2Cloves garlic, minced
- 2Fresh hot or mild chorizo sausages (about 8 oz/250 g), casings removed
- 3/4 tsp (4 mL)Dried Mexican or Greek oregano, crumbled
- 3PC Tomatoes on the Vine, chopped
- 1Canned chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, minced
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) Each salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 10Tostada tortilla rounds (about 15 g each)
- Garnishes (Optional)
How to make
- Step 1Place chicken in saucepan with cold water to cover. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to simmer; cook for 15 to 18 minutes or until no longer pink inside. Drain and let cool enough to handle. Shred with a fork. Set aside
- Step 2Heat oil in large frying pan over medium heat; cook onion for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until softened. Stir in garlic; cook for 30 seconds. Crumble in sausage; cook for 3 minutes, breaking up with a spoon. Sprinkle in oregano; cook for 2 minutes or until sausage is no longer pink. Stir in tomatoes, chipotle, salt and pepper; cook for 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until tomatoes break down and thicken sauce. Stir in chicken; cook over low heat for 2 minutes or just until warmed through.
- Step 3Spoon 1/3 cup (75 mL) chicken mixture on top of each tostada round. If desired, top with cheese and coriander. Serve with lime wedges.