How to make
- 3 tbsp (45 mL)Olive oil
- 2 pkg (each 250 g)PC®Natural Choice Mild Spanish-Style Chorizo Semi-dry Cured Sausage
- 2 cups (500 mL)Chopped white onions
- 3Stalks celery, chopped
- 1Sweet red pepper, chopped
- 6Cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 can (540 mL)PC® Blue Menu®Dark Red Kidney Beans
- 4 cups (1 L)Diced, peeled baking (russet) potatoes
- 3Bay leaves
- 1 tsp (5 mL)Paprika
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL)Hot pepper flakes
- 1 pkg (900 mL)PC Blue Menu Beef Broth
- 2 tsp (10 mL)Red wine vinegar
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 mL)Salt
- 1 cup (250 mL)Chopped fresh coriander
How to make
- Step 1Heat 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the oil in large saucepan over medium heat; add half of the chorizo and cook for 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until browned. Transfer to a plate using slotted spoon to leave behind as much fat as possible. Add remaining chorizo and cook in same manner, adding it to the plate once browned.
- Step 2Heat remaining 2 tbsp (25 mL) oil in same saucepan over medium heat; add onions, celery and red pepper and cook for 7 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until softened. Stir in garlic; cook for 1 minute. Stir in beans, potatoes, bay leaves, paprika and hot pepper flakes. Pour in broth and vinegar; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium; cook uncovered for 15 to 18 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Step 3Stir chorizo and salt into stew. Cook for 1 minute or until chorizo is heated through. Stir in coriander. Discard bay leaves before serving.