How to make
- 1 box (200 g)PC® White Cheddar Deluxe Macaroni & Cheese Dinner
- 1/2 cup (125 mL)shredded smoked Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup (125 mL)dry bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup (83 mL)milk
- 2 tsp (10 mL)Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp (5 mL)garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL)smoked paprika
- 2 – 3 dasheshot sauce (optional)
- 2 tbsp (30 mL)butter, melted
- 1 tsp (5 mL)dried Italian herb seasoning
- 3/4 cup (188 mL)PC® Arrabbiata Pasta Sauce or ketchup
How to make
- Step 1Preheat oven to 350ºF (180ºC). Mist wells of 12-count muffin tin with cooking spray or brush with oil. Set aside.
- Step 2Bring 6 cups (1.5 L) water to a boil in large saucepan. Add macaroni and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 7 minutes. Drain and return to saucepan. Add cheese packet, shredded cheese, 3 tbsp breadcrumbs, the milk, mustard, garlic powder, paprika and (if using) hot sauce (do not add butter). Stir until cheese is melted and sauce is smooth.
- Step 3Divide among wells of prepared muffin tin. Gently press on tops to flatten.
- Step 4Stir together melted butter, Italian seasoning and remaining 5 tbsp (75 mL) breadcrumbs in small bowl. Sprinkle over macaroni mixture. Bake until golden, 20 to 22 minutes. Remove from oven. Let stand in muffin tin 10 minutes.
- Step 5Meanwhile, heat pasta sauce in small saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until warmed through, 2-1/2 to 3 minutes (if using ketchup, omit this step). Transfer sauce or ketchup to serving bowl.
- Step 6Using spoon, remove macaroni bites from muffin tin. Serve with sauce or ketchup.
- Try this: Use regular paprika and Cheddar cheese instead of the smoked options, if you prefer.