How to make
- 1PC® World of Flavours Barbecue Seasoned Pork Shoulder Blade (900 g)
- 4large crusty buns, split
- 16thin slices PC® Smoke Flavoured Cheddar Cheese
- 8slices sandwich/deli-style pickle (long, thin slices), patted dry
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup (60 mL)mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp (30 mL)2 tbsp (30 mL) cider vinegar
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 mL)granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL)black pepper
- 1 pkg (397 g)coleslaw mix
How to make
- Step 1Sandwiches:
- Step 2Let stand 15 minutes while pressure releases naturally. Release remaining pressure manually according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- Step 3Transfer pork using tongs to large bowl; let cool enough to handle. While pork is cooling, heat juices from pork in pressure cooker using sauté function on high until mixture begins to boil; continue to boil until reduced to thick sauce, 15 to 20 minutes. (TIP: If using oven or slow cooker, transfer juices to saucepan and boil until reduced to thick sauce.)
- Step 4Using 2 forks, shred or “pull” pork. Pour juices from pressure cooker over top of pork; stir to coat.
- Step 5Preheat broiler to high. Arrange oven rack in top position. Arrange buns, cut sides up, on baking sheet. Broil on top rack until light golden, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove top halves of buns to plate; set aside. Divide cheese among bun bottoms. Broil on top rack until melted, about 1 minute.
- Step 6Slaw:
- Step 7Assembly: Top each bun bottom with 1/2 cup (125 mL) pork, 2 pickle slices and ¼ cup (60 mL) slaw. Sandwich with bun tops and serve remaining slaw on the side.
- Try this: You’ll make more shredded pork than you need for 4 sandwiches, but who says that’s a bad thing? Refrigerate the leftovers in a sealed container for up to 3 days and use to top rice bowls, pizza or nachos, or stir into pasta (hello, pulled pork macaroni and cheese!). You can also freeze the leftovers in a resealable freezer bag for up to 1 month.