How to make
- 1 pkgPC® Raw Pacific White Shrimp, Peeled, thawed
- 3 tbsp (45 mL)Thai yellow curry paste, divided
- 350 gbaby Shanghai bok choy
- 1 pkg (255g)PC® Rice Vermicelli Noodles
- 1 tbsp (15 mL)vegetable oil
- 1 can (400 mL)coconut milk
- 3/4 cup (188 mL)pumpkin purée
- 2 tbsp (30 mL)brown sugar
- 2 tbsp (30 mL)fish sauce
- 1lime, quartered, for garnish
- 1/4 cup (60 mL)chopped cilantro, optional
- 1/3 cup (83 mL)PC® Crispy Onions , optional
How to make
- Step 1Pat shrimp dry with paper towel and toss with 2 tsp curry paste.
- Step 2Set steamer basket in pan and fill with 1-inch water. Bring to a boil. Arrange bok choy in even layer in steamer basket and cover with lid. Steam until tender-crisp and easily pierced with a sharp knife, 4 to 5 minutes. Transfer bok choy to plate and keep warm. Remove steamer basket from pan.
- Step 3Add water to pan until just below the rim and bring to a boil. Add rice noodles and remove pan from heat. Let noodles stand in hot water, stirring gently to separate, until tender, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Step 4Strain noodles using steamer basket and rinse thoroughly with cold water. Divide noodles among 6 bowls.
- Step 5Heat oil in pan over medium. Add shrimp and cook until light golden, turning once, about 2 minutes. Transfer shrimp to bowl.
- Step 6Add remaining curry paste to pan, stirring continuously, about 1 minute. Stir in coconut milk, pumpkin purée, sugar and fish sauce; simmer 2 minutes. Stir in cooked shrimp and bok choy to warm through, about 1 minute.
- Step 7Divide curry among bowls, over noodles. Garnish with lime wedges, cilantro and crispy onions, if using.
- Try this: Dry shrimp well to help the curry paste stick and to get a better sear during cooking.