How to make
- 1 cup (250 mL)PC®Black Label California Wild Rice
- 1 lb (450 g)Brussels sprouts, trimmed, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup (125 mL)PC®100% Pure First-Pressed Canola Oil
- 2 tbsp (25 mL)PC®Black Label Normandy Style Unsalted Cultured Butter
- 1 pkg (227 g)PC®Cremini Whole Mushrooms, quartered
- 1 pkg (200 g)PC®King Oyster Whole Mushrooms, sliced or torn into bite-size pieces
- 1 jar (280 g)PC®Black Label Borettane Onions In Balsamic Vinegar Of Modena
- 1Clove garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp (15 mL)Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp (15 mL)Honey
- 1 tsp (5 mL)Chopped fresh thyme
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL)Each salt and freshly ground black pepper
- HalfHead radicchio, trimmed and thinly sliced (about 2 cups)
How to make
- Step 1Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Bring rice and 3 cups cold water to a boil in large saucepan. Reduce heat to low; cover and cook until rice is tender and most grains are slightly split, 35 to 40 minutes. Remove from heat; let stand, covered, 5 minutes. Drain.
- Step 2Meanwhile, spread Brussels sprouts on parchment paper-lined large rimmed baking sheet; drizzle with 1 tbsp oil and toss to coat. Spread in single layer. Bake, stirring once, just until slightly softened, about 20 minutes. Set aside.
- Step 3Meanwhile, melt butter in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add cremini and oyster mushrooms; cook, stirring often, until softened and golden brown, 10 to 12 minutes. Set aside.
- Step 4Drain onions, reserving 5 tbsp liquid. Combine 1/3 cup onions, reserved 5 tbsp liquid, garlic, mustard, honey, thyme, salt, pepper and remaining 7 tbsp oil in blender. Blend until smooth. Set dressing aside.
- Step 5Chop remaining onions; transfer to large bowl. Add rice, Brussels sprouts, cremini and oyster mushrooms, radicchio and dressing; toss to coat. Serve warm.