How to make
- 5 tbsp (75 mL)PC®New World EVOO Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 can (540 mL)PC®Blue Menu®Chickpeas
- 1 tsp (5 mL)Salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL)Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tsp (10 mL)Ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL)Cayenne pepper
- 3 cups (750 mL)Thinly sliced peeled PC®Organics Carrots
- 2 tbsp (25 mL)Minced shallots
- 2 tsp (10 mL)Minced garlic
- 2 tbsp (25 mL)Fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp (15 mL)Honey
- 1/4 cup (50 mL)Chopped fresh parsley
How to make
- Step 1Heat 2 tbsp (25 mL) of the oil in large frying pan over medium-high heat; fry chickpeas for 4 to 5 minutes, stirring often, or until light golden. Season with half each of the salt and pepper; sprinkle with cumin and cayenne. Continue to fry for 4 to 5 minutes, stirring often, or until spices are fragrant.
- Step 2Stir in carrots, shallots, garlic and remaining 3 tbsp (45 mL) oil; season with remaining salt and pepper. Fry for 4 to 5 minutes, stirring often, or until carrots begin to soften and lightly brown. Drizzle in 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the lemon juice and 1 tbsp (15 mL) water. Cover and steam for 5 minutes or until carrots are tender-crisp.
- Step 3Stir in honey, parsley and remaining 1 tbsp (15 mL) lemon juice, Transfer to serving dish; serve warm.