How to make
- 1Large sweet potatoes (about 2-1/2 lb/1.13 kg), peeled and sliced crosswise into 1/4-inch (5 mm) thick rounds
- 1/4 cup (50 mL)Sodium-reduced chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL)Salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL)Black pepper
- 3 tbsp (45 mL)PC®Black Label Pure Maple Syrup
- 2 tbsp (25 mL)PC®Black Label Normandy Style Unsalted Cultured Butter
- 1 tsp (5 mL)PC®Black Label Peri Peri Spice Blend
- 1/3 cup (75 mL)Coarsely chopped raw pecans
How to make
- Step 1Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Step 2Arrange potato slices vertically in 9-inch (23 cm) pie plate, packing in rows to fit. Pour in broth; season with salt and pepper. Cover loosely with foil. Bake until slightly softened, about 45 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Step 3Stir together maple syrup, butter and peri peri spice in small bowl; brush half of the glaze onto potatoes.
- Step 4Bake, uncovered, until potatoes are golden and fork-tender, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Step 5Stir pecans into remaining glaze; sprinkle evenly over potatoes. Bake, uncovered, until pecans are fragrant and toasted, about 10 minutes. Remove from oven; let cool 10 minutes before serving.