How to make
- 450 gPC® Blue Menu®Air Chilled Minced Turkey with Seasoning
- 4Green onions, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp (45 mL)PC® Black Label Panko Japanese-style Bread Crumbs
- 2 tsp (10 mL)PC®Whole Grain Dijon Prepared Mustard
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL)Salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL)Freshly ground black pepper
- Pinch (0.5 mL)Cayenne pepper (optional)
- 100 gPC®Aged 4 Years Canadian Cheddar Cheese
- 1/3 cup (75 mL)PC®Bacon & Maple Barbecue Sauce
How to make
- Step 1Soak 13 x 7-inch (33 x 18 cm) cedar grilling plank in cold water 1 hour, weighing down as necessary with soup cans to keep submerged. (TIP: Soak plank for up to 8 hours.)
- Step 2Meanwhile, mix together turkey, green onions, panko, mustard, salt, pepper and cayenne (if using) in large bowl just until combined. Divide into 10 equal portions; shape each portion around 1 cheese cube, rolling into balls and covering cheese completely. Arrange in single layer on parchment paper-lined rimmed baking sheet. Refrigerate 20 minutes.
- Step 3Preheat barbecue to medium heat. Arrange meatballs in single layer on grilling plank. Place plank on grill; close lid and cook 8 minutes.
- Step 4Brush meatballs all over with half of the barbecue sauce; close lid and cook 6 minutes. Brush meatballs all over with remaining barbecue sauce; close lid and cook until glazed and instant-read thermometer reads 165°F (74°C) when inserted in centre of meatballs, 2 to 4 minutes.