How to make
- 66-inch (15 cm) wooden skewers
- 3 tbsp (45 mL)olive oil, plus additional for grilling
- 2Asian eggplants (each about 9-inch/23 cm long)
- 2zucchini (each about ½ lb/227 g)
- 6canned whole artichoke hearts, drained (about one 398-mL can)
- 1 pkg (340 g)PC® Cocktail Tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL)salt, divided
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL)black pepper, divided
- 1 cup (250 mL)PC® Plain 2% M.F. Greek Yogurt
- 1clove garlic, finely grated or pressed
- 3 tbsp (45 mL)PC® Black Label Crispy Chili Crunchy Condiment, divided
- 3large radishes, thinly sliced
- 2green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup (125 mL)lightly packed fresh cilantro leaves
How to make
- Step 1Soak skewers in warm water 10 to 30 minutes. Preheat barbecue to medium-high. Oil grill.
- Step 2Cut eggplants and zucchini in half lengthwise. Place on baking sheet. Skewer 1 artichoke heart crosswise onto 1 wooden skewer; thread on 1 tomato and add to baking sheet. Repeat with remaining artichoke hearts and tomatoes to make 6 skewers in total. Brush all vegetables with 3 tbsp (45 mL) oil and sprinkle with all but a pinch each of the salt and pepper, dividing evenly.
- Step 3Arrange eggplants and zucchini, cut sides down, on grill. Grill, lid down, turning occasionally, 8 minutes. Add skewers to grill; close lid and grill, turning eggplants, zucchini and skewers occasionally, until everything is tender, grill-marked and lightly charred, 4 to 6 minutes.
- Step 4Stir together yogurt, garlic and remaining pinch each of the salt and pepper in small bowl. Spread onto large serving platter. Drizzle with 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the crispy chili.
- Step 5Cut eggplants and zucchini in half crosswise on the diagonal; arrange on half of yogurt-topped platter. Add skewers to other half.
- Step 6Toss together radishes, green onions and cilantro in separate small bowl; mound on top of vegetables. Drizzle with remaining 2 tbsp (30 mL) crispy chili.
- Try this: Serve with grilled pita or naan bread to sop up the extra yogurt sauce.