How to make
- 2-3/4 cups (675 mL) PC®Gluten-Free All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup (50 mL)Granulated sugar
- 2 tsp (10 mL) Instant dry active yeast
- 1 tsp (5 mL)Salt
- 1 cup (250 mL)Whole milk
- 2 tbsp (25 mL)Melted unsalted butter
How to make
- Step 1In large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, yeast and salt; set aside. In small saucepan, heat milk over medium heat to 100°F (38°C) on thermometer; remove from heat and whisk in butter and one of the eggs. Using spatula, stir into flour mixture until combined. Spray another large bowl with cooking spray; turn dough into bowl, cover with plastic wrap and place in warm place for 45 minutes to rise.
- Step 2Line two rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper. Divide dough into portions to fill a 1/4 cup (50 mL) dry measure, about 50 g on a scale. Makes about 13 portions. Roll each portion into a smooth ball. If dough is sticky, wet hands slightly. Space dough balls 2 inches (5 cm) apart on prepared baking sheets. Cover loosely with plastic wrap. Place in warm place for 30 minutes to rise. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Step 3In small bowl, whisk together remaining egg with 1 tbsp (15 mL) water. Remove plastic wrap from one sheet of dough balls. Brush each ball with some egg wash. Bake in centre of oven for 16 minutes, turning sheet back to front halfway. Repeat with remaining sheet of dough balls and remaining egg wash.