How to make
- 2 cups (500 mL)Homogenized milk
- 8 slicesGinger root (each about the size of a quarter), peeled
- 1/2 cup (125 mL)Granulated sugar
- 3 tbsp (45 mL)Cornstarch
- 2Large eggs
- 1Large egg yolk
- 1 box (150 g)PC®Black Label Belgian Dark Chocolate Enrobed Biscuits With Candied Stem Ginger And Natural Pear Flavor
- 3/4 cup (175 mL)Cold 35% whipping cream
- 3 tbsp (45 mL)Icing sugar
How to make
- Step 1Place milk and ginger in saucepan. Bring just to a boil. Remove from heat, cover and let stand for 15 minutes.
- Step 2Whisk together sugar and cornstarch in shallow bowl. Whisk in eggs and yolk. Gradually whisk in half of the ginger-infused milk; whisk mixture back into saucepan. Return saucepan to medium heat; cook for 2 to 3 minutes, whisking constantly, or until mixture begins to bubble. Continue to cook for 1 minute longer. Remove from heat; whisk vigorously for 20 seconds. Strain through fine mesh sieve into a bowl; discard ginger. Place piece of plastic wrap directly on surface of pudding. Refrigerate for 1 hour or up to 2 days.
- Step 3Cut one or two biscuits into 6 triangles and set aside. Place remaining biscuits in resealable bag; crush with rolling pin into bite-size pieces.
- Step 4Remove chilled pudding from refrigerator. Whisk until smooth and creamy. Divide half of the pudding among six 3/4-cup (175 mL) ramekins. Top with crushed cookies, then remaining pudding, dividing evenly.
- Step 5Whip cream to soft peaks; add icing sugar and whip to medium-stiff peaks. Place a decorative dollop on top of each pudding cup. Garnish with cookie triangles and serve, or cover and chill for up to 6 hours.