How to make
- 1 tbsp (15 mL)PC® Blue Menu® Omega Oil
- 1Onion, finely diced
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL)Salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL)Freshly ground black pepper
- 3Cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup (125 mL)PC® Blue Menu® Chicken Broth
- 1/4 cup (50 mL)PC® Organics Black Chia Seed
- 1 tbsp (15 mL)Finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tbsp (15 mL)Chopped fresh thyme
- 1 lb (500 g)PC® Free From® Lean Ground Beef
- 1 lb (500 g)PC® Free From® Lean Ground Pork
How to make
- Step 1Heat oil in large nonstick frying pan over medium-high heat; cook onion and 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each salt and pepper 5 to 8 minutes, stirring often, or until softened and golden. Stir in garlic; cook 30 seconds to 1 minute or until fragrant. Transfer to large mixing bowl; let cool 5 minutes.
- Step 2Add broth, chia seed, rosemary, thyme and remaining 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each salt and pepper; stir until well mixed. Add beef and pork. Using clean hands or large spoon, gently mix meat together with onion mixture until well combined. Cover and refrigerate 15 minutes.
- Step 3Meanwhile, preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Spray 13 x 9-inch (3 L) baking dish with cooking spray.
- Step 4Place meat mixture in centre of prepared baking dish. Shape into a 10 x 5-inch (25 x 13-cm) loaf; spray top of loaf lightly with cooking spray. Bake 55 to 60 minutes or until browned and instant read thermometer reads 165°F (74°C). Remove from oven; let rest 5 minutes. Transfer to cutting board; slice and serve immediately with your favourite tomato sauce, if desired.