How to make
- 1 pkg (340 g)PC®Black Label Red Jasmine Rice
- 1/3 cup (75 mL)PC®Black Label Lemon Infused Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp (15 mL)Rice vinegar
- 2Cloves garlic, grated on microplane rasp
- 2Thai birds eye chilies, seeded and minced
- 1 cup (250 mL)Chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup (125 mL)Chopped fresh coriander
- 2 tbsp (25 mL)Grated ginger root
- 3/4 tsp (4 mL)Salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL)Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup (125 mL)Whole roasted salted cashews
How to make
- Step 1In medium saucepan, bring 2-1/2 cups (625 mL) water to a boil. Stir in rice, reduce heat to low, and simmer covered for 25 to 30 minutes or until tender yet firm. Remove from heat. Let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork and transfer to large bowl to cool.
- Step 2Using sharp paring knife, cut skin and white pith from oranges. Working over bowl to catch juices, cut between membrane and flesh to release each segment.
- Step 3In small bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, garlic, chilies, green onions, coriander, ginger, salt and pepper. Add to rice, along with orange segments and juice, and cashews; gently toss together. Transfer to serving platter.