How to make
- 2 tbsp (25 mL)PC®Black Label Chipotle Infused Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2-1/2 cups (625 mL)Chopped white onions
- 2Large cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 can (540 mL)PC®Blue Menu®White Kidney Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup (250 mL)Shredded PC®Five Year Cheddar Cheese
- 1/3 cup (75 mL)PC®Black Label Classic Aioli Whipped Dressing
- 1/4 cup (50 mL)Fresh lime juice
- 1-1/4 tsp (6 mL)Salt
How to make
- Step 1Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Step 2In large nonstick frying pan, heat 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the oil over medium-low heat; cook onions for 6 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until softened. Stir in garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Transfer mixture to food processor. Add kidney beans, 3/4 cup (175 mL) of the cheese, the aioli, lime juice, 1 tbsp (15 mL) water and remaining oil. Purée until smooth. Stir in salt. Scrape mixture into medium gratin dish. Top with remaining cheese. Place on baking sheet.
- Step 3Bake in centre of oven for 12 to 15 minutes or until heated through. Turn oven to broil; cook for 1 minute or until cheese is browned and bubbling. Serve with tortilla chips, warm pita or naan bread.