How to make
- 1 pkg (480 g)frozen PC® Free From® Chicken and Bacon Spiedini
- 2 cups (500 mL)lightly packed baby arugula
- 1 tbsp (15 mL)each extra-virgin olive oil and fresh lemon juice
- 1 jar (300 mL)PC® Whole Sweet Red Peppers, drained and patted dry
- 2cloves garlic
- 2/3 cup (167 mL)sliced blanched almonds, toasted
- 2 tbsp (30 mL)each extra-virgin olive oil and red wine or sherry vinegar
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL)salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each black pepper and smoked paprika
- 2 tbsp (30 mL)roughly chopped fresh parsley
How to make
- Step 1Romesco Sauce: Pulse red peppers, garlic, almonds, 2 tbsp olive oil, vinegar, salt, black pepper and paprika in food processor or blender until finely chopped. Add parsley; pulse once to combine. Set aside.
- Step 2Preheat barbecue to medium heat. Brush grill with oil. Place folded sheet of foil lengthwise on edge of grill to shield skewer ends from direct heat. Remove frozen spiedini from all packaging. Place on grill with skewer ends resting on foil. Do not separate while still frozen. Grill, lid down, turning frequently and gently separating skewers once warmed, until cooked through, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Step 3Toss together arugula, 1 tbsp olive oil and lemon juice in bowl.
- Step 4Spread Romesco sauce in wide strip down centre of serving platter. Top with spiedini and arugula mixture.