How to make
- 3/4 cup (175 mL)Unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup (125 mL)Icing sugar
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL)Salt
- 1-1/2 cups (300 mL)All-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (125 mL)Unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup (175 mL)Granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp (25 mL)Milk
- 1 tsp (5 mL)Vanilla
- 1 cup (250 mL)Ground almonds
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) All-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL)Salt
- 1 jar (370 mL)PC®Black Label Ontario Montmorency Sour Cherry Fruit Spread
- 3/4 cup (175 mL)Sliced almonds
- 1 tbsp (15 mL)Icing sugar
How to make
- Step 1Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Line bottom and sides of 13 X 9-inch (3 L) metal baking dish with parchment paper.
- Step 2Base: In medium bowl and using electric mixer, beat butter, icing sugar and salt until creamy. Stir in flour until combined. Press into prepared baking dish; prick with fork all over. Bake for about 17 minutes or until golden; place on rack to cool. Leave oven on.
- Step 3Frangipane: In medium bowl and using electric mixer, beat butter with sugar until creamy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in milk and vanilla until combined, then beat in ground almonds. Stir in flour and salt until well combined.
- Step 4Topping: Spread cherry fruit spread evenly over top of cooled base. Pour frangipane mixture over top; using a rubber spatula, smooth top. Sprinkle with sliced almonds. Bake in centre of oven for about 30 minutes or until golden and cake tester inserted in centre comes out clean. Let cool in pan on rack. Sprinkle with icing sugar.