How to make
- 1/3 cup (75 mL)Granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp (25 mL)Salted butter
- 1/3 cup (75 mL)35% whipping cream
- 4 oz (125 g)Milk chocolate, chopped (about 1 cup/250 mL)
- 1 tsp (5 mL)Instant espresso powder
- 1 cup (250 mL)35% whipping cream
- 1 cup (250 mL)PC®Gluten-Free Pretzel Bites
How to make
- Step 1Combine sugar and 4 tsp (20 mL) cold water in small saucepan; gently swirl to incorporate. Set over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil, cover and cook 45 seconds to allow sugar crystals to dissolve. Remove lid; continue to boil uncovered until deep golden brown, about 4 minutes. Add butter, swirling pan until melted. Add 1/3 cup (75 mL) whipping cream; cook, stirring, until smooth. Remove from heat; let stand for 5 minutes.
- Step 2Place chocolate in heatproof bowl; pour hot caramel over and let stand 2 to 3 minutes. Whisk until smooth. Sprinkle espresso powder over and whisk to smooth.
- Step 3Whip 1 cup (250 mL) whipping cream in separate bowl until soft peaks form. Fold one-third of whipped cream into warm chocolate mixture until no streaks remain. Fold in remaining whipped cream just until combined. Pour into eight 1/2 cup (125 mL) custard cups or ramekins; cover with plastic wrap and chill until set, about 2 hours.
- Step 4Divide pretzel bites among custard cups and serve.