How to make
- 1 pkg (250 g)PC® Black Label Butternut Squash and Brown Butter Ravioli Grande
- 2 slicesPC® Old Fashion Style Naturally Smoked Bacon
- 2 cups (500 mL)Oyster mushrooms, torn in large pieces (about 5 oz/150 g)
- 1/4 cup (50 mL)Sliced shallots (about 1 large)
- 1/8 tsp (0.5 mL)Each salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp (25 mL)Shaved PC® Black Label Aged 36 Months Parmigiano Reggiano
- 9Small basil leaves
- 2 tsp (10 mL)Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp (5 mL)PC® Black Label Aged Balsamic Vinegar of Modena
How to make
- Step 1Heat large nonstick frying pan over medium heat; add bacon and cook 4 to 6 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until bacon is lightly crisp.
- Step 2Remove pan from heat; transfer bacon to bowl with slotted spoon and set aside. Remove all but 1 tbsp (15 mL) bacon fat from pan; return pan to heat. Add mushrooms and shallots; cook 3 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until mushrooms are browned and shallots are soft. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and return bacon to pan.
- Step 3Bring 8 cups (2 L) lightly salted water to a boil. Open package and gently place pasta into water; cook 3 to 4 minutes (4 to 5 minutes if frozen). Adjust heat to maintain a gentle boil. Drain pasta.
- Step 4Divide pasta among three plates or shallow bowls. Top each with cooked mushroom mixture, some cheese and basil. Drizzle oil and vinegar over top.