How to make
- 4 cups (1 L) fresh strawberries, hulled, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp (30 mL)packed brown sugar
- 1 tub (500 g)plain Skyr yogurt or Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp (15 mL)PC® Black Label Bourbon Barrel-Aged Maple Syrup
- 1/3 cup (83 mL)packed brown sugar
- 3 tbsp (45 mL)PC® Black Label Bourbon Barrel-Aged Maple Syrup
- 4 tsp (20 mL)butter
- Pinch (0.5 mL)salt
- 1/3 cup (83 mL)35% whipping cream
How to make
- Step 1Maple Caramel Sauce: Stir together 1/3 cup (83 mL) brown sugar, 3 tbsp (45 mL) maple syrup, the butter and salt in small saucepan. Bring to a vigorous boil over medium heat, stirring often. Continue to boil, stirring constantly, until thickened, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat; slowly pour in cream (mixture may splatter). Return to low heat and cook, stirring constantly, until thick enough to coat back of spoon, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Let cool 10 minutes.
- Step 2While sauce is cooling, toss strawberries with 2 tbsp (30 mL) brown sugar in large bowl. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Step 3Stir skyr with 1 tbsp (15 mL) maple syrup. Cover and refrigerate until needed.
- Step 4Spoon half each of the strawberries, skyr mixture and sauce into 6 serving dishes, dividing evenly. Repeat with remaining strawberries, skyr mixture and sauce. Top with mint (if using).
- Try this: The caramel sauce is a stellar recipe on its own. Try it over ice cream, brownies and cheesecake, just to name a few options. Make a double-batch and refrigerate the rest in an airtight container for up to 5 days. Heat in a saucepan over low heat, stirring often, just until warm before using (do not simmer).