How to make
- 3PC®Free-Run Brown Eggs – Large
- 3/4 cup (175 mL)Whole milk
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL)PC®Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/8 tsp (0.5 mL)Cinnamon
- 1/4 cup (50 mL)PC®Chocolate Hazelnut Spread
- 1Ripe banana, sliced in 24 rounds
- 4 tsp (20 mL)Unsalted butter
- 4 tsp (20 mL)Canola oil
How to make
- Step 1Whisk together eggs, milk, vanilla and cinnamon in shallow baking dish. Set aside.
- Step 2Cut 16 baguette slices on sharp diagonal, making each 1/2-inch (1cm) thick and 4 inches (10 cm) long; save rest of baguette for another use. Spread one side of each slice with some spread. Arrange banana slices on half of the baguette slices, dividing evenly. Sandwich with remaining baguette slices to form little sandwiches, gently pressing together.
- Step 3Place sandwiches in egg mixture; let stand for 3 to 4 minutes. Turn over; let stand for 3 to 4 minutes or until liquid is well absorbed.
- Step 4Heat large nonstick frying pan over medium heat. Once hot add half each of the butter and oil and swirl to coat pan. Remove four sandwiches from egg mixture one at a time, letting excess liquid drip back into pan, and place in frying pan. Cook for 6 to 8 minutes, turning once halfway, or until golden. Repeat with remaining butter, oil and sandwiches. If desired, dust with icing sugar and serve with maple syrup. Discard remaining egg mixture.